Thursday, June 21, 2012

Preparing for departure to Ottawa

Just a quick post today as it's a busy day with packing etc. However we did manage to get  photos of something we had noticed every time we crossed the big bridge on the way to Hamilton.







Cormorants roosting on dead trees on a tiny island in the harbour.


From the QEW (Queen Elizabeth Highway) as we started to cross the bridge we could see lots of cormorants roosting on dead trees and lots of sea birds roosting and flying about. It looked very interesting and every time we said we must check that out. Today was our last chance and it was amazing!




What was equally amazing was the area from which we took the photos. I thought it was a free dog poop area as I picked my steps to the edge of the water. Jim informed me that it was bird  poo. I was relieved to get back into the car without being bombed by one! The birds in Ireland are so much more refined!
I have never seen so many birds in one area before.
We followed the Waterfront Trail for one last time, took a final photo of the Canada Geese and one of Nelles Beach and, sadly, said our farewell to Grimsby.

It looks like they're leaving too!

What am I doing here with a load of Canada Geese?

Nelles Beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment