Thursday, June 28, 2012

Museum of Civilisation

The Museum of Civilisation is absolutely fantastic! We spent Wednesday afternoon there after doing Parliament Hill and we could have spent many more hours but lacked the stamina! The Grand Hall explores the rich cultural heritage of the Aboriginal peoples of Canada's west coast. For us this was a return to Vancouver Island and Alaska and the totems and  house facades. It houses an exhibition of 6 Pacific coast Indian house facades connected by a shoreline and boardwalk.


We expected an old woman on a crutch and three cute small children to come out and dance for us here - remember Ketchikan!



Have no idea why the font has changed - computers do very strange things - like last night (i.e. Wed.) my curser froze (sorry, cursor, my curser never freezes!) in the lower right hand corner of the screen where I couldn't get at it and I spent hours trying to unfreeze it with Ctrl Alt and Delete and and even pressings of the spacebar. No luck! Tried to unfreeze it by turning notepad on its side and shaking violently to get the cursor to come back to a controllable position. No luck! Question on Dave's computer - what do you do if your cursor freezes and the touchpad refuses to unfreeze it. Lots of answers because lots of people have the same problem it seems. One answer is to double tap on the little light. I double tapped on any little light I could see, to no avail. Too late, Brian was in bed!! More pressings of the above, more violent shaking, more cursing.  Then tried turning the notepad off but it wouldn't oblige. Closed the lid for 10 minutes, then opened it and no change. Decided that another answer to my question - it's a hardware problem! - was the problem. Closed the lid again because seeing the situation was too hard to bear - my photos were grinning at me and I couldn't post them on the blog! Turned my attention to a very late dinner but couldn't eat - is that me I'm talking about? I must have been very upset! Later on Jim was talking to our next door neighbour, trying to solve another problem that affected appetites too but that will be revealed later! Dusko (pronounced Dooshko) from Kosova, works in IT. He put his magic finger on the power button, turned off the notepad and started it again working perfectly! I felt like a huge ass but now I am a little behind in my blog!! Museum of Civilisation, visited yesterday (Wednesday) will be resumed tomorrow (Friday) when I hope to get some time to tell you about our exploits on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment