Friday, July 1, 2016

York and the Railway Museum

Mairead had to leave by train from York on Wednesday so Brian decided that would be a good opportunity to visit the Railway Museum as Mairead might not be too keen on it. She proved to be keener than me! I sat for a long time near the Royal carriages, Mairead's suitcase by my side, hoping that I might be invited to enjoy the opulence of even the earliest Royal carriages. Needless to say I was not deemed regal enough!

Here are a selection of what was to be seen before we went to the Dining Car Restaurant for a really good reasonably priced lunch.


















Chinese bullet train (I think) with Jim for scale!







She's not just posing- she really is interested.















We did another trawl through the streets after Mairead left and Brian popped into many shops purchasing essentials!

When we returned home we ate out in The Half Moon in Newton upon Derwent - a very good little pub/restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment