Wednesday, June 21, 2023

September 1st 2019 - Tangermunde; Jericho

Today we rose leisurely and I decided to have a bath. Jim was content with a shower. Getting out of the bath proved challenging and in hindsight rather hilarious. I tried all sorts but couldn't get to my feet so I had to call Jim. With great effort he managed to get me to the side of the bath bit I slipped down again and the whole procedure recommenced, this time successfully. So, no more baths while I'm away from home!

We headed for Tangermunde, a historic medieval town on the river Elbe. On a plateau over the river Tanger's mouth is an ancient castle and the town which was built around 800 years ago came under its protection.




This is St. Stephen's Church. Its tower is 87.5 m high. It is a brick Gothic hall church and is Lutheran.






































Fantastic pulpit.

























Stork's nest.








































No comments:

Post a Comment