Monday, July 1, 2019

Thursday May 16th Lima - Paracas

I woke up feeling very shaky. We had breakfast shortly after 8am. Then I packed and we headed to the supermarket for lunch snacks. I was very breathless and my back ached. At Tottos I had to sit in the cafe and a waitress brought me a glass of water because I didn't look well. On our way back to the hotel we stopped at France Deli where we got a baguette which the man filled for us. Then we had coffee. When we got back to the hotel we had to rush because the time of departure had been brought forward. Then we got a coach for the journey to the bus station where we waited for the local bus. I had a  security pee for 1 sole and the bus left at 12.47 pm.

The journey to Paracas was not very uplifting - dirty sandy barren hills.






We got to Paracas around 5pm after a 5 hour journey with little of interest in the countryside. It was mainly desert which finally yielded to some cultivation and then to viticulture as we got close to Pisco where a few passengers got off. 25 minutes later we arrived in Paracas and, after a short walk to our hotel - Paracas Sunset - we were greeted with mini Pisco Sours. After settling into our rooms we went for a "short walking" with Henry where he showed us the sights. Paracas is a small town on the sea. The main street is lined with hotels and hostels and the shore front is lined with restaurants.







Cusquena turned out to be the beer Jim drank all the time he was in Peru.

Henry suggested El Dauphines Dorada to eat. The waiter there was called Javier and he was a fantastic waiter and great craic. We joined the others for dinner. Sarah and I had a combo plate of ceviche and crab causa. It was delicious. Jim and Charlotte had ceviche and tiger's milk. I think it was a bit spicy for Charlotte. Our meal with several beers for Jim and a sparkling water for me came to around 80 soles which is just over 20 euros. When we got back to the hotel I had a Pina Colada sin alcohol which was delicious. We joined the others for our drink.

The plan for the next day was to be at breakfast before 7am so as to be ready to leave for the Ballestas Islands at 7.45. We get back from there at 10am and have to be ready to leave at 10.20.

Today was really bad as regards breathing, shaking and standing.

No comments:

Post a Comment