Thursday, February 25, 2021

Sunday June 2nd 2019 - Day 2 Tambopata Lodge

 It was dark when I got up and I had to have a shower by the light of my mobile phone. It was a good hot shower though. Then I discovered that I had not brought fresh underwear! I can't understand it as I remember taking them out and having then ready to pack. As it happens I discovered them later. Breakfast was at 6am and then there was a scheduled walk around a laske and looking at trees. I expected the walk to be a bit slow with lots of stops and  nowhere for me to lean for balance. So I didn't go. The walk involved wearing wellies which were provided at the lodge. All that was required was to go get a pair that fitted. Jim did - 2 left wellies of different sizes!!!

I spent some time sitting on my balcony. I saw another capybara and when it moved into the trees it created a huge commotion of what I think were monkeys but I could not see them. My hair was still wet 2 and a half hours after my shower. I then went for a walk during which I saw some more rodents, 2 red squirrels and some lizards.

Here are some photos Jim took during the walk:







Charlotte




























After lunch - rice, chicken stir-fry, a nice pasta salad, beans, deep-fried yucca/jungle potato followed by rice pudding. Then we had a demonstration of how to chop a brazil nut fruit. They were really nice - far superior to anything we get at home. 









This area, where they open the walnut fruit, is very popular with capybaras.











Then it was siesta time when it was bright enough to take photos of the sleeping quarters.






This is the veranda area of the main building. There's lots of seating accommodation and a bar inside.





Next on the agenda was an outing to a farm. Only Jim and 8 others went there.


















And while all that was going on I was relaxing on my porch.








Dinner was at 7 pm (and cake for Bev's birthday)  followed by caiman hunting for those interested. The rest of us just sat about until bed time at 9pm. The frijole had started so the weather was fresher unlike the humidity of earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment