Monday, November 4, 2013

Cala Violina in the Maremma

On Sunday we took to the road again to travel to the Maremma Park in Alberese. En route we took an unpaved road that led to a car park from where we could walk to see Cala Violina, a beautiful bay with sand that crunches musically under your feet. The walk to the bay was about 2km, reasonably flat to start with and then downhill. It wound through a natural forest that seemingly, based on the notices, is full of wildlife - wild boar, foxes, badgers, squirrels, hedgehogs, porcupines, other animals that I don’t know the English of, and lots of birds. We saw a magpie but the only wild boar I saw was Jim! It is a lovely bay and obviously popular with the locals who carried their swimwear and picnic baskets to the beach. We simply admired and took the return, mainly uphill, route. I was quite pleased with myself that I managed without much pain from my foot.






















We finally made it to Alberese but could not find the entrance to the park. The evening ended with more thunder, lightning and rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment