Saturday, June 29, 2019

Peru May/June 2019 - prior to flights, flights and arrival - May 14th

Nobody realises how close I was to cancelling this trip. My balance was very bad and I was having bouts of breathlessness and, as a consequence, I was very scared in anticipation of the altitude and how I would be affected. On Monday, the day before leaving Raphoe, I woke up petrified that I was going to die in Peru. On Tuesday we left home around 2pm, had lunch in HouseProud in Strabane and then headed for Dublin where we met Brian and Mairead for dinner in MiThai. Brian left us to the Clayton for 9.30pm where we sat till 3.30am and then took the shuttle to the airport. Our flight was at 5.55 am to Amsterdam where we met Sarah and then Charlotte at Amsterdam Bakery Co. Our flight to Lima left at 12.35 and took approximately 12 hours. We arrived in Lima at 6pm loval time - midnight at home. Victor met us and brought us to the Hotel Santa Cruz in Miraflores. We freshened up and had a drink and a light supper - our first experience of Causa which was very tasty. The barman and barmaid were very nice and very helpful. We also met Anne and Paul from England who were actually on the same flight as us.

No comments:

Post a Comment